Alberta Black Powder Association Newsletter Sep/ Oct PunchBowl
Sherwood Park Fish & Game Black Powder Shoot
Sept 9 & 10 2018
Saturday morning: Rifle . Saturday afternoon: Pistol.
Sunday morning: Trade Gun & Rifle Sunday afternoon: Knife & Hawk.Registration at club house
Morning events; registration 8:30 to 9:30 am, shooting 9 to 12 am, prizes given out at 1pmAfternoon events; registration 1 to 2 pm, shooting 1 to 4 pm, prizes given out at 5.
- Non SPF&G members are welcome to this Black Powder Shoot.
- $5 entry fee per person, per event. No blanket prize needed.
- All rifles must be muzzle-loaders, with iron sights. This includes inline rifles.
- Trade gun are flint lock smoothbore, with no back sights.
- Pistols can be cap & ball revolvers or muzzle loaders.
- The uses of sabots or maxi type bullets are NOT permitted. They destroy our gongs.
- Use only patched round balls. Please, no greased lube patches, as they can start grass fires.
- Inline rifles with scopes can be used, but cannot win 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes. They are eligible for all other prizes.
- Some shooters will be asked to help manage an event.
- All shooters (including Juniors) must have their own liability insurance.
- All competitors must be a member of one of the following associations or affiliated clubs:
Alberta Fish & Game Association Alberta Black Powder Association Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Canadian Shooting Sports Association BC Wildlife Federation
National Firearms Association
- These associations have liability insurance for their members.
- Membership cards must be presented and will be checked.
Fire prevention / 5 second patch lube test
- A small propane torch (the type used to solder copper pipe) is needed for this test.
- Lube a patch & hold it at the tip of the flame for 5 seconds. If the patch does not start to smoulder, this patch lube lube
combo can be used on trail walk.
- Please do this test. Check your patch lube before coming to our shoot.
- Tin long house camping by the club house and in the camp ground.
- A large primitive camp area will be located behind the club house.
- Camp set up as early as Friday morning. All campers can stay until Monday morning.
- Saturday evening potluck supper.
- $10 shot fee per camp / rig.
Contact / Information
E mail Tassi Xenos at xenos3@ telus.net